It’s been a tough past year, no doubt, with many public and commercial hot springs closed due to the Coronavirus and Summer 2020 wildfires.
In regard to Summer 2021, most natural hot springs in Oregon are now readily accessible except for the following.
Hot Springs Closed Summer 2021
- Bagby Hot Springs – Closed until 2022, under forest service closure order due to access road and area wildfire damage.
- Umpqua Hot Springs – Closed until 2022, under forest service closure order due to access road and area wildfire damage.
Hot Springs with Access Restrictions
- Cougar Hot Springs – While open, the primary access road is currently closed due to a rockslide (again). However, the longer, southern access route via Westfir is open.
If this summer is anything like the last, expect wildfire closures to hit many national forest areas and hot springs mid to late Summer. Stay safe out there and remember to always check the latest conditions before heading out.
- Oregon wildfire information
- Find hot springs in Oregon by region or view on a statewide map
- Check Oregon road conditions