Skip to content

Crystal Crane Hot Springs

Not far from Burns, Oregon, hidden within the confines of southeast Oregon’s beautiful high desert region lies a magical oasis of a natural hot springs.

Crystal Crane Hot Springs has long been known as a mecca for dusty travelers to get cleaned up and nab a hot soak while star gazing from within the depths of a 101-degree giant mineral hot springs pond.

For a more private, clothing-optional experience, Crystal Crane offers a variety of private cedar bathhouses that can be rented by the hour.

Crystal Crane Hot Springs

Complimentary Amenities
Overnight guests receive access to the hot springs pond, commons room and camp kitchen. The commons room features couches, free wi-fi, books, games and cable TV. Crystal Crane’s camp kitchen comes complete with stove, fridge, microwave, sink and utensils.

Crystal Crane Hot Springs Rates and Hours

Day Use Rates for Hot Spring

  • Day Use (up to 4 hours): $10
  • Private Bathhouse/Tubs: $15 per person per hour
  • Tuesday is Family Day! $5 (up to 4 hours)

Crystal Crane Overnight Accommodations and Rates

All prices are based on double occupancy.
Additional Adults 12+ – $20
Additional Children age 5-12- $15.00
Under 4 free
Pets – $15.00 per pet per night

Eagle Nest Teepee– starting at $155.00
No Pets (no bathroom)
– 2 Queen beds

Dream Catcher Teepee – starting at $145.00
No Pets (no bathroom)
– 1 Queen bed

Running Horse Teepee –starting at $155.00
No Pets (no bathroom)
– 1 King bed

Sheep Herders Wagon –starting at $150.00
No Pets (no bathroom)
– 1 Queen bed

Sage Inn –starting at $89.00
Pets Okay (no bathroom)
1 – 1 King bed
2 – 2 Double beds
3 – 1 Queen bed & 1 Twin bed
4 – 1 King bed

Suites –starting at $185.00
No Pets
– Adults only
– Private patio soaking tub

Cabins –starting at $99.00
Pets Okay (no bathroom)
A – 1 Queen bed, 1 Full bed
B – 1 King bed
C – 1 Queen bed & 1 Full bed
D – 1 Queen bed

5th Wheel –starting at $320.00
Pets Okay
– 1 Queen bed
– 1 pullout sofa

The Ranch House –starting at $89.00
Pets Okay
– Price based on 6 person occupancy
– 3 bedrooms 2 bathrooms

Cowpoke Inn –starting at $260.00
No Pets
-Price based on 6 person occupancy
– 3 bedrooms 1 bathroom

Crystal Crane Hot Springs, Burns, OR

Glamping – No pets
Eagle Nest Teepee – $120.00 Weekday Sun-Thurs $130.00 Fri/Sat
2 Queen beds, Soaking tub in center of teepee, outside there is a picnic table and firepit.
Dream Catcher Teepee – $120.00 Sun-Thurs $130.00 Fri/Sat
1 Queen bed. Private enclosure with soaking tub, fire pit, picnic table, and briquet bbq.
Running Horse Teepee – $130.00 Sun-Thurs $140.00 Fri/Sat
1 King bed. Private enclosure with soaking tub, fire pit, picnic table, and briquet bbq.
Sheep Herders Wagon – $120.00 Sun-Thurs $130.00 Fri/Sat
1 Queen bed. Private enclosure with soaking tub, fire pit, picnic table, and briquet bbq.

Large Units – Sleeps 6 people
Cowpoke – No Pets Based on 6 ppl $240.00
Has Steps. 3 bedrooms. 1 Queen bed, 1 Double bed, 2 Twin beds. 1 Full bath. Picnic table. Based on 6 ppl
Ranch House – No Pets Based on 6 ppl $230.00 – For soaking tub $275.00
3 bedrooms 1 King bed, 1 Double bed, 2 Twin beds. 2 Full bath. Picnic table. NO FIRE PIT.

RV Spaces – (No fire pits, no picnic tables)
Pets $3.00 per pet per night
#1-5 pull through $50.00
power/water 30 AMP
#6-8 back in $42.00
power/water/sewer 30 AMP
#9 Pull through 30 AMP $50.00
#10 back in $50.00
power/water/sewer 50 AMP

Tent/Dry Camping – starting from $30.00
Pets $3.00 per pet per night
1-10 Fire pits, picnic tables
Overflow 20 spots first come first serve
Limited fire pits. No picnic tables.

Day Use: 9am – 9pm
Check-In: 3pm – 9pm
Check-Out: 11am

Driving Directions and Map for Crystal Crane Hot Springs

Crystal Crane Hot Springs Video

Crystal Crane Hot Springs Soak Stats:

Season: All
Type: Roadside
GPS: 43.441 118.638
Map Quad: CRANE 15
Elevation: 4,110 ft
Land: Private (Commercial)
Fee: Yes – Check current rates and/or make reservations (541) 493-2312
Restrictions: Day use and overnight fees
Usage: Moderate
Visibility: High
Temp: 100-104
Water Clarity: Moderate
Odor: Slight Slupher
pH: n/a
Area Features: High Desert
Closest Food/Gas: Burns
Trash: Low
Bugs: Moderate
Wildlife: High
Camping: Paid on-site
Clothing Optional: No in Pond/Yes in Bathhouse
Pit Toilet: Yes

Check Oregon road conditions View statewide map of hot springs What to bring to the hot springs Hot springs guidebooks

10 thoughts on “Crystal Crane Hot Springs”

  1. Been here many a time with family and friends, they do a great job, line the pool with fine gravel so it is not slimy and is fabulous under the stars!! Highly reccomend a stop if you are in the area.

  2. We just spent 3 nights here with a group of friends. What a treat, our accommodations were very nice and we love the outdoor soaking pool. The staff couldn’t have been nicer. We all agreed to make another visit to Crane Hot Springs.

  3. I just soaked at Crystal Crane today, 5-25-14. There is a large pond, seven feet deep in the middle, filled with natural warm mineral water(it was 102 degrees today). The bottom is fine gravel, clean and easy to walk on. Daily soaking at the pond is $4.25. There are private tub rooms for additional fee. If you camp there, soaking in the pond is included. Hook up sites are $18-20. Drycamping is $15. They have rental cabins, and even a tepee with a mineral water tub for rent. Verizon now has good service in this immediate area. Crane is 25 miles ESE of Burns Oregon.

  4. Does anyone know a good place to take children, meaning a hot spring where clothing is required. I want to show my children the natural beauty out there but would not be appropriate for my 14 & 8 yr old daughter’s to see naked men. Not that going naked is bad lol I’m all for it, but without my girls present

  5. A truly horrible experience. The comments and reviews told me there’s about a 70% chance of it being awesome. Unfortunately, our experience fell into the 30%. The staff was cold the moment we walked in. We go to A LOT of hot springs all over the place on our travels, and this was by far the worst one. The first thing we noticed was the overwhelming smell of sulfur, next we noticed the vibration that used to be magical, but has been thrown deep underground where anyone who comes into the place is bound to hit by negative energies. We paid $20/night for a camping spot, which was barely a camping spot. These spots are right on top of each other with no dividers, plant life, or anything in between. Finally, nobody told us about the EXTREME wind conditions out there, so all of our tent poles snapped in the middle of the night, and we woke up several times with a tent roof trying to suffocate us. We only stayed one night in our tent, so I went into the office the next morning and requested a cabin, offering to spend more money. They were all full, so we requested money back for two of the four nights, we were declined and the evil woman who owned the place told me I cussed her out (The only “swear” word I ever used was “crap”). After everything happened in this desolate eyesore (seriously, not a single plant in the entire compound, even the grass was dead), we vowed to never go back again. Don’t patron this place, especially if you’re camping. They only want your money and have no idea how to run a healing establishment.

  6. Tried calling to reserve one of the teepee accommodations and couldn’t get a call back even after leaving a couple messages.

    We finally decided to take a chance and drive out there as it was (kind of) on our way out to the coast.

    We arrived at 8pm and we’re told we weren’t allowed to rent a room because we had our dog in our vehicle and obviously we were going to sneak him into our room… He sleeps in our truck at night when we travel, keeps our vehicle secure and it’s cooler outside anyways (he’s a husky and overheats easily).

    Annoyed, we asked if we could still soak as we had driven all the way to enjoy the water. We were rudely informed they closed at 9 and weren’t given the option to soak even though there were still guests going out to the pool.

    Not worth the drive or the money to get treated like a criminal by the staff. I’m blown away by how rude the front desk staff was. That’s not how you run a business.

  7. Elizabeth Shibahara

    I like to get reservations at this hot springs when I am driving from Oregon to Idaho. It is usually booked up in advance and there are strict check – in times. I have stayed in the rustic cabins and also tent camped. It is relaxing and the pool is always hot. The showers and public toilets have been clean. It is a clothing required location. I used the camp kitchen this last visit to make hot tea and that was a fun experience with a couple of other campers to chat and share the tiny area. I would stay again. It is especially nice in the winter for lodgings halfway between Eastern Idaho and Western Oregon. But, as I said, do plan ahead by reserving a spot because even the tent sites get filled in the summer at times and the cabins are booked up. And do plan to be there by 9 PM.

Leave a Reply